This is a straightforward question. And for a real estate app, there are 3 primary answers:
- Generate more business. The app will ultimately generate leads, referrals and/or transactions for your business.
- Access new or better information relevant to your job. The app will present entirely new data or more up-to-date content.
- Improve workflow and efficiency. The app will focus on improving a repeatable process or task related to your work.
The next question is “how?”.
For the app developer this is a critical question to ask yourself everyday. How exactly will the app generate more business? Is your content really that much better than what already exists? Will this app really improve a process or is it just replacing one time-consuming task with another?
And the final question is “how much is it worth?”
Specifically, how much would someone be willing to invest (both time and money) to improve a tedious task. How much are they willing to pay for new business and what is your new content/data worth.
For PropStock, our app is focused on improving workflow and efficiency. As we continue to build the app we keep 3 things always top of mind:
- provide the right incentives/rewards for using the app. To us that means providing insightful analytics based on usage.
- it must be easy to use (simple obvious functions and no data entry)
- value is not conditioned upon use/participation of others.
We’re still a few weeks from an initial release but here’s a view of some of the analytics the app will provide: